Padgett Mini Specifications
Technical Specifications for Wireless Keypad Model CRS5000
Our newest keypad, the Padgett Mini is a wearable keypad that’s smaller than a credit card, but sturdy, and fits easily in the palm of your hand. The Mini weighs less than an ounce and can be worn on a brandable lanyard. Five basic answer options are displayed on the keypad in numbers and letters for easy answer entry.
This simplified device is ideal for a stadium setting, a classroom, or other unique events with large attendance. It incorporates the important features of ARS into a smaller, wearable keypad. It has five keys for multiple choice answers or other formats.
- Each keypad has an RF device identity (“address”) between 1-250 and a channel identity between either 1-15 (standard version, stocked item) or 1-72 (custom arena version, special order, special terms and pricing apply.)
- Addresses may be changed by using an optional WRS960X-T portable programmer.
- Each keypad also has a unique device serial number.
- Serial numbers are permanent and set during manufacturing.
- Both the address and serial number are transmitted with each keypad’s response.
- Compact case. Rugged ABS plastic construction.
- Styled to fit comfortably in hand.
- Wearable with optional lanyard.
- Dimensions: 3 in x 1.5 in x 0.4 in (300 mm x 38.1 mm x 10.6 mm.)
- Weight: Less than 1 oz (30 grams) with battery installed.
- Color: Black. (Other colors available. Cost premium, minimum order quantity, and special terms apply.)
- 5 elastomeric buttons for entering multiple choice responses. Buttons are labeled 1-5, A-E.
- Entries can be “speed scored” to 0.05 second (50 millisecond) resolution to identify group response sequence (“fastest finger”) during competitive events.
- Green and Red LEDs confirm user key presses and indicate when the Base Station accepts the keypad’s inputs.
- Two-way RF keypad uses eligible license-free / license-exempt frequencies to communicate key presses to the Base Station and receive from the Base Station control information and acknowledgments of successful entries.
- Employs Fleetwood-engineered 2.4 GHz frequency hopping spread spectrum (FHSS) transceivers.
- FHSS offers excellent range, immunity to interference, and signal security.
- Patented and proprietary radio protocol.
- Creates a secure communications network between keypads and their associated Base Station.
- User entries are acknowledged when received by the Base Station. This message acknowledgment method is just one of
the many patented features of Padgett systems.
- Permits Padgett systems to operate in the presence of other RF devices (WLANs, PDAs, phones, etc.)
- Integrated error checking discriminates system signals from all other RF traffic to ensure data accuracy and
- Depending on version, 15-72 channel identities are available to provide installation flexibility and support up to 3,750-18,000 keypads per room.
- Internal antenna is protected by the keypad enclosure.
- Padgett Mini is designed to operate in an indoor area 300 x 300 feet. (100 meters x 100 meters.) [Note: Other Padgett products offer greater range. See appropriate specification sheets or contact us.]
- A room’s geometry, radio propagation characteristics, and proximity to RF interferers will influence actual range experienced. Elevating the Base Station often results in a performance advantage.
- 250 keypads per Base Station channel identity. [Note: Other Padgett products offer higher capacity. See appropriate specification sheets or contact us.]
- Stock configuration: Default. 15 identities available for 3,750 keypads per room / site.
- Arena configuration: Non-stock. Special terms and pricing apply. Up to 72 identities for 18,000 users per venue.
- Determined by Base Station. See Base Station Model CRS940 specification.
- Time stamping is available to identify each keypad’s input sequence in group’s response.
Power and Power Management
- Powered by one replaceable lithium coin cell battery.
- Keypad powers down after each response transmission to conserve battery life.
- Battery life is ~20,000 responses or battery shelf life, whichever comes first.
- Low battery indicated on display. Also, keypad can transmit a low battery warning to Base Station.
- A proprietary response verification protocol integral to the radio design provides a high degree of signal security.
- Frequency hopping and proprietary data communications are additional deterrents to clandestine interception.
- Firmware resides in high performance microprocessor chips that can be reprogrammed to facilitate upgrade during the life of the product.
- Adding keypads to an existing system requires them to be set to unused addresses. No change is required on the Base Station when adding keypads of the same channel identity.
Compliance and Patents
- FCC, IC, CE certified. Call for details regarding these and other regulatory certifications.
- U.S. Patent Nos. Re. 35,449; 5,724,357; 6,021,119; 6,665,000. European Patent No. EP 0 697 773. Other U.S. and foreign patents and patents pending.
- 2 YEAR (limited warranty, factory parts and labor.) Call for details.
A basic Padgett Mini system consists of…
- One Padgett Mini Wireless Keypad per participant.
- One Padgett Worldwide Base Station per 250 keypads of the same radio channel in a room, and
- One copy of value-added application software.
Optional accessories (purchased separately) include Base Station and keypad carrycases, lanyards and more. Training, on-site technical support, and similar “for fee” services are also extra.
Additional System Components & Accessories
Padgett Worldwide Base Station Model CRS940
- A compact and programmable interface to your PC.
- Operated by value-added software** (priced separately.)
- Dimensions: 6.5 in x 2.25 in x 5 in (165.1 mm x 57.15 mm x 127 mm.)
- Unit Weight: 8 oz (237 grams) add 5 oz (148 grams) for cable.
- Capacity: 250 keypads per channel identity.
- Stock version: 15 identities allows 3,750 pads per room.
- Arena version: Special terms and pricing apply. Up to 72 identities allows up to 18,000 pads per room.
- Speed: Base Station polling cycles are adjustable to optimize speed to group size. For example, a group of 50 keypads can be polled every one-half second, whereas a group of 3,750 can be polled in parallel every 2.5 seconds.
- Connections: Attaches to operator’s PC by USB connection.(cable included.) Creates a virtual com port on the PC.
- Power Source: USB. Current draw 50 mA.
- Does not include accessories such as software** and carrycases. These additional items are priced separately.
Padgett Mini Keypad Programmer Model WRS960X-T
- A portable device that quickly re-programs Padgett Mini keypad addresses and channels without a PC or software.
- Dimensions: 6 in x 2.5 in x 1 in (152.4 mm x 63.5 mm x 25.4 mm.)
Several Models Available
- Wide variety available, ranging from compact ballistic nylon bags to ruggedized shipping cases with perimeter clasps.
- Keypads and Base Stations purchased separately.
- Refer to Accessories Price Sheet for additional details.
- ** CRS940 Base Station requires application software to manage keypad data collection and analyze responses.
- Multiple titles are available to conduct surveys, delegate voting, group decision making, market research, classroom learning, and other advanced applications.
- Contact your reseller for specifications and pricing of this value added software.
All specifications and suggested resale prices are subject to change without notice.